GOVERNING BODY NOTICE OF MEETING
The Annual General Meeting for the 2015 year and the 2016 Budget Meeting, will take place at the School on Wednesday 14 October 2015, in the AJ Human Room at 17h30.
- Welcome by SGB Chairman
- Address by the Head Master, Mr Leon Erasmus
- Address by the DHS Foundation CEO, Mr Mike Fennell
- Confirmation of the AGM Minutes, in respect of the 2013 Fiscal Year, held on 20 November 2014 and of the 2015 Budget Meeting, held on the same date
- Approval of the Annual Financial Statements for the year ending 31 December 2014
- SGB Chairman’s Report on the School’s activities
- 2016 Budget Presentation, namely School and Blackmore, done together, by SGB Chair of Finance
- Chairman of SGB to request the passing of the following resolutions:
- It is resolved that the Income and Expenditure Budget, as laid before the meeting, in respect of the year 1 January to 31 December 2016, be approved
- It is resolved that Durban High School, for the 2016 Fiscal Year, charge the School Fees specified in the Budget and in accordance with Section 39 of the South African Schools Act No. 84 of 1996
- The audited Annual Financial Statements for 2014 and the previous AGM minutes will be available and open for inspection, prior to the meeting, at our Finance office, as well as being available at the AGM meeting.
- Summaries of both School and BE Budgets for 2016 will be available after the Budget presentation.
- Parent involvement, at this important meeting or at any level in School, in any aspect, is critical for the well being and improvement of our School. Your involvement directly benefits your son. Feedback you will receive at this evening is also vital for you.
- The Meeting is limited to Parents and or Guardians, with the exception that the full SGB, including non parent members, will also be present. We are all accountable to you.