Durban High School is proud to announce its association with Swales Online Academy.
Swales Online Academy is an independent online academy in South Africa offering a unique approach to education using innovative digital and video teaching techniques. This convenient and flexible online learning environment is suitable for parents looking for an alternative to mainstream schooling but still wanting to ensure a high standard of education for their children.
Swales Online Academy will be situated on the DHS property and will collaborate with our staff to create a blended learning approach for both institutions.
Swales Online Academy’s five core values are:
- Inclusivity – all students have an opportunity to excel.
- Disciplined and structured approached to learning – teachers are present full time through the unique portal.
- Child centred – Every child’s needs are taken into consideration.
- A holistic approach to education – The Academy’s educational philosophy is designed to offer a holistic approach to a child’s development.
- Blended learning – Taking elements of both traditional classroom-based teaching and online learning formats – a blended programme has been developed which improves interaction, engagement, and achievement in education through enabling your child to EXPLORE, THINK and ENGAGE.
Swales Online Academy will be offering a CAPS curriculum in 2021 with the possible introduction of an online Cambridge curriculum in 2022.
Swales will be offering Grades 4 to 9 in 2021, with the phasing in of Grade 10 to 12 in the following years.
Swales is powered by DigiCampus. For further information on this initiative go to:
Durban High School is excited to be associated with Swales Online Academy and to be able to offer yet another innovative option to our community on our premises. Our offerings now include:
- Cambridge Assessment International Education
- Nonpareil Academy
- The Electives Programme
- Trinity College London Music Exam Centre
- NewBridge College
- Swales Online Academy