A number of the members of the DHS family have achieved over the past few weeks:
- Samuel Spooner (Grade 12, Head Boy) has been selected for the KwaZulu-Natal Mens Water Polo Team which participated in the Interprovincial Championships in April in Durban.
- Adrian Truter and Tylan Hoskins were selected to represent KZN in the SA Inter Provincial Lifesaving Champs from 24 to 26 April. They produced the following results:
Adrian Truter – 1st Taplin relay, 1st Malibu board relay, 3rd Manikin rescue, 4th Malibu board
Tylan Hoskins – 1st Taplin relay, 2nd Beach sprint relay, 3rd Flags
- Daniel Bennett (Grade 10) has been selected for the Golf RSA National Squad for 2021. Daniel previously played in the KZN Invitational Strokeplay for Men – 2021 at Beachwood Country Club; with 35 selected players invited to the tournament, most of whom were Scratch golfers or better. Daniel won the tournament on the 2nd hole of a 3 hole playoff.
- Mrs Carolyn Dickinson and Mrs Lalitha Moodley, both educators in the DHS Cambridge Academy, have been nominated for the Cambridge Dedicated Teacher Awards. This global competition recognises the hard work of teachers by giving students, friends and colleagues the opportunity to say thank you to a teacher who had made a difference in their life.
- Andile Wanda and Joshua Stride were selected to represent the Hollywoodbets Dolphins Cubs who played the Six Gun Grill Cape Cobras Cubs at the CSA Cubs Week in Stellenbosch. The team is coached by DHS Director of Cricket, Mr Fabian Lazarus.
- DHS Old Boy Roger Horrocks, Director of Cinematography for My Octopus Teacher, which has won an Oscar for Best Documentary Film. Roger was our Guest Speaker at the Senior Prize-Giving in October last year.
- The following Durban High School boys excelled in their various Cambridge International examinations.A Level Examinations:
Sharik Ramjee – Mathematics (92%),
Nathan del Fava – Mathematics (81%)
Adam Mohamed – Computer Science (96%), Physics (92%), Mathematics (94%)AS Level Examinations:
Sharik Ramjee – Computer Science (88%), Chemistry (85%), Physics (93%)
Nathan del Fava – English (86%), Computer Science (86%), Physics (88%)
Shaphan Govender – Biology (83%)
Milind Bandulal – English (81%)
Adam Mohamed – English (88%), Chemistry (89%)IGCSE results:
Nureldin Mohamed – Chemistry (97%), Physics (91%), Mathematics (91%), Biology (93%), English (87%), Computer Science (81%)
Zane Williamson – Chemistry (80%), Physics (84%), Biology (85%), English (83%), Afrikaans (84%)